Hi friends !!
I'd like to share a couple of Layered Vintage Cards- "Wild & Free". I was inspired by nature. This was part of my DT work for Bob n Betty using their decoupage papers, all the details including a pictorial are here.
Here are some photos of the cards:
Card 1: Butterfly
Card 2: Bird
1. Die cut tags, labels and lattices using Bob n Betty’s Meadows, Classics & Glam Craft Decoupage Specialty Papers & old book pages.
2. Distressed the edges of all the paper elements (die cuts and torn pieces) with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Also fussy cut some flowers from these papers.
3. Distressed the edges of the paper mats with a distress tool to give a worn out look and also darkened the edges with distress ink, then adhered these to the white card base.
4. Created a visually pleasing composition/design by layering the elements (die cuts, fussy cut elements, gauze, twine, sisal, burlap, flowers wood slices, corrugated cardboard, alphabet beads & wooden buttons) and adhered some of the elements with liquid glue and others with 3d foam tape to add dimension
5. As a finishing touch, did background stamping with archival ink, created white ink splatter & added a few doodles.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
1. More Than Words Mini Challenge- Wild (Facebook) (included the word wild on both the cards)
3. Creative Embellishments April Challenge-I was inspired by the colors & the wildness of the photo in the moodboard, for the twist, included harlequinn pattern stamping & die cuts.
4. Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #47 (used a complimentary color scheme of blue and orange)
Thanks a lot for your precious time :)