Hi Folks!! I made a diwali card inspired by a few challenges in September a few days back but since I was not blogging back then, I have been able to write about it only now. So here are the details of my simple and I like to think cute :) diwali card. This card was sent along with others to Indian Army soldiers as a note of thanks and to help uplift their spirits. Hope it brings a smile to their faces!
1. Iris, Black, Green, Brown and Green shades of Cardstock,
3. Peek-a-boo designs Renne Diwali Stamp
4. Zig Brush Markers
5. Golden packing paper
6. Uniball gold colored pen
7. Stitched Scalloped Circles die and Spellbinders borders die
8. Usual supplies like adhesives, scissors, silicone glue etc
1. I cut all the cardstock into apt sizes and using the big shot plus got my die cuts.
2. Stamped the Image and sentiment onto the cutouts. Used the Stampoholic tool for stamping.
3. Colored into the stamped image using zig markers. Highlighted the dress with a few gold dots since in Diwali, people wear bright and festive clothes.
4. Layered the die cuts and added a strip of gold colored paper on the left of the brown card base. Crinkled the golden strip at regular intervals to get a 3-D effect and add some bling and glitter to the Diwali card.
5. Added some sequins
6. Rounded the edges of the card using a corner rounder tool.
Thanks for your time! Please do leave me a comment so I know you've seen this! Otherwise I really do not get to know if this has reached anyone. Stay Blessed :)
Linking this card as an entry to the following two challenges:
PABD Challenge #10