I'd like to share a Clean & Simple Diwali Card. This was part of my DT work for Peek-a-boo designs, all the details are here. This is an A2 sized, top folding card.
- Die cut white cardstock using the stitched scalloped rectangle die. Then colored the scalloped frame with Fossilized Amber & Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides
- On the card base, masked off the edges and applied distress oxides through the Dimensional Stencil
- Stamped the beautiful fish from the new Madhubani Stamp on Canson Watercolor paper & watercolored it in with zig markers, then fussy cut it.
- Stamped the sentiment from the Diwali Greetings Stamp set onto a strip of watercolor paper & then colored in the strip with zigs and an aqua brush.
- To assemble the card, adhered the frame at a tilted angle onto the cardbase, also adhered the sentiment strip within the frame and then foam mounted the fish in the center, to add texture added a few gold strings under the fish to make it pop.
- In the end, adhered a few gold colored sequins for some sparkle
Here is a photo of the card:
I am playing along with the following challenges:
Addicted to CAS #121- The PABD Madhubani Stamp is my new favourite and I've stamped the fish from it
Thanks for your time :)
Love reading your sweet comments.