I'd like to share a Cute Mixed Media Layout- "Memories". This was part of my DT work for Bob n Betty. I used their adorable Little Wonderland Collection. All the details are HERE.
Here's a photo of the layout:
Here are some close-up photos:
1. One of the papers from the Little Wonderland Collection was taken as the base. It was torn a little from all 4 sides, distressed and darkened with grey ink. Then this was adhered to a 12 by 12 size sheet of heavy white card stock. Stitch stamping was done in the gaps created to give a textured look and add interest to the page.
2. Clear gesso was applied on the scrapbook paper to prep it for mixed media work. Then light paste was added through a stencil in different areas of the page, to prepare the background and add texture.
3. To add color to the page, light colors of Lindy's sprays (Azure Sea Asters Shimmer Sprays & Bling-y Blonde Shimmer Spray) were added, movement was created with drips.
4. Background stamping was done with grey archival inks.
5. Photo mats and frames were created with die cuts of papers from the Little Wonderland Collection and white card stock.
6. Few elements were fussy cut from the Little Wonderland Collection
7. All the elements for layering were gathered and adhered to the page in a visually pleasing composition. Elements included fussy cut images, sentiments, twines, thread & flowers. To add dimension, some of the elements were adhered with 3d foam tape.
8. The project was embellished with few buttons & to add additional texture and shine, a mixture of mini & regular art stones, silver sequins & soft matte gel was applied to various places on the page.
9. In the end, some heavy white gesso was applied to the elements using the dry brushing technique and a few ink splatters were created.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
1. More Than Words Main Challenge for May- used multiple die cut paper frames around the photo and the panda, also used the word "memories"
2. Lindys May Challenge- used 2 colors in the same family as this month's palette, (Azure Sea Asters Shimmer Sprays & Bling-y Blonde Shimmer Spray)
Thanks a lot for your precious time :)