Sunday 10 September 2017

Post 259: Art Journal Page 3 (Shine)

Hi friends :)

I'd like to share an Art Journal Page I made recently. This was made for a Guest Design Post over at the Craftreat Blog showcasing their beautiful stencils, you can check out all the projects here.

So first I added some strips of washi tape in a random manner, this acted as a resist. Then I created some organic backgrounds with watercolors by spritzing with water and letting the color go where it wanted to then added stencil designs (Buddha and Mandala) with distress inks. The sentiments are stamped using a visible image stamp. Distressed the edges of the page with black soot distress ink. I matted it onto a black base to give a more finished look and lend strength to the page. I wanted to go for flat pages which I could bind together later on because my current journal is quite full and bulky, so this seemed like an easier way to work and create. Finished it off with white and black splatter

I love the positive message in the page, "Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes".

List of Supplies:

Craftreat Stencils- Mandala, Buddha
Visible Image Stamp- Shining Bright
Gansai Tambi Watercolors
Distress Inkpad- Black Soot
Ranger's Round Blending Tool and foams
Versafine Onyx Black Mini Inkpad
Washi tape

Here are a few close up photos of the journal page:




Here is a full photo of the journal page:



I am playing along with the following challenges:

HLS September Watercolor Challenge (Spritzed with water to get the drips)

Visible Image Show And Tell Challenge- Sept 2017
Visible Image September Challenge- Distressed 

Thanks for your time :)
Love reading your sweet comments
Stay Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Another brilliant page, Preeti. Wow, this is truly something else! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete