Sunday 10 September 2017

Post 261: Art Journal Page 4 (#Authentic)

Hi friends :)

I'd like to share an Art Journal Page I made recently. This was made for a Guest Design Post over at the Craftreat Blog showcasing their beautiful stencils, you can check out all the projects here.

So first I added some strips of washi tape in a random manner, this acted as a resist. Then I created some organic backgrounds with watercolors by spritzing with water and letting the color go where it wanted to. Then added stencil designs with distress inks. The sentiments are stamped. Distressed the edges of the page with black soot distress ink. Added a few flowers to the page. I matted it onto a black base to give a more finished look and lend strength to the page. I wanted to go for flat pages which I could bind together later on because my current journal is quite full and bulky, so this seemed like an easier way to work and create. Finished it off with some ink splatter. I really love the tribal warli art and the bold stamped sentiments on the page. 

List of Supplies:
Stamplorations stamp- Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic 
Craftreat Stencils- Warli, Lotus Mandala & Indian Motifs
Gansai Tambi Watercolors 
Local Pigment Powders 
Distress Inkpad- Black Soot
Distress Oxide Inkpad- Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick
Archival Inkpad- Jet Black
Washi Tapes
Flowers, Half Pearls
Ranger's round blending tool and foams

Here are a few close-up photos of the page:




Here is a full photo of the page:


I am playing along with the following challenges:

HLS September Watercolor Challenge (spritzed water to move the color around)

Thanks for your time.
Love reading your sweet comments :)
Stay blessed. 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME! I can't say how much I love the color palette you made. The vibrant purple wirth deep dark blue are perfect together! The stripes and the doily are so cool. Great job! Thank you for stamping with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Wonderful!! I'm not a purple lover, but this Art Journal Page is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another gorgeous purple creation! I love it. Very cool. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing background. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete